Re: Changes to about/sponsors

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changes to about/sponsors
Date: 2007-12-14 15:47:29
Lists: pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> Grouping by country is on the original page too. I personally like the
>> new version which is ordered left to right better.
>> But maybe we should make more radical change. For example completely
>> random order (each hit, or new order every day or something like that)
>> which I always felt is most fair way to list sponsors. This kind of
>> change would require much more work tho.
>
> This is not a bad idea at all. I like it.
>
> Sholdn't be very hard to db'ify it and do that, if we agree that's how it
> should be done. There are good examples to copy/paste from :-)

hrm - I'm not so sure I like the idea of having a non deterministic sort
order on more and more stuff. People tend to expect stuff ordered by
something (in this case the left-to-right reading made the existing
order a bit strange to understand) and I guess we would get questions
along "what is it ordered by" afterwards.

Stefan