Re: odbc problem on Japanese windows machine

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Sofer, Yuval" <Yuval_Sofer(at)bmc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odbc problem on Japanese windows machine
Date: 2007-12-14 08:14:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Sofer, Yuval wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use postgres odbc driver on windows Japanese machine, to
> test connection to a remote postgres database. The database has latin1
> encoding.
> Connection tests to databases with latin1 encoding fail with this error
> message:
> fatal: conversion between SJIS and LATIN1 is not supported

Are you testing the ANSI version driver ?
If so, please set the *Connect  Settings* option like
        set client_encoding to 'XXXX'
  (XXXX e.g. SQL_ASCII, LATIN1 etc).

You can see the example (SJIS case) at .

However I'm not sure if you can see LATIN1 specific characters using
Japanese machine.

Hiroshi Inoue