Re: Foreign key dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Foreign key dialog
Date: 2007-12-13 11:19:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>> I was looking at a foreign key details. I wonder why the "FK index name"
>>> is only available on the dialog. Or is it the same thing that the
>>> "Covering index" on the details table ?
>> I believe so, yes. The naming difference could be fixed I guess.
> I'll check that and fix if necessary.

Done with this patch (needs an embed-xrc run).

>>> ISTM that either the "Auto Index" checkbox should be checked or the "FK
>>> index name" should be disabled till "Auto Index" checkbox is checked.
>> The checkbox tells pgAdmin to create an index with the specified name to
>> cover the FK columns. When looking at the properties later, it will
>> always be cleared - though I guess it might be better to set it if there
>> is an index, and disable both it and the index name field.
>> Are you going to tweak that with the other stuff you were going to do?
> [...]
> Anyways, I'll look at the fk stuff tomorrow morning. I'll take some time
> to do it.

Done too. I've put the dlgForeignKey::OnCheckDeferrable() code on
dlgForeignKey::CheckChange() because we need to have chkDeferred
disabled when we open the dlgForeignKey to create a new foreign key. The
rest of the code checks chkAutoIndex value to enable/disable stIndexName
and txtIndexName.

Seems to work as I want. If you think this is enough, I can apply it
(1.8 branch and trunk ?).