Re: *!$%£!"@£!!

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: daniel queiroz <daniellqueiroz(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: *!$%£!"@£!!
Date: 2007-12-13 09:27:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Merlin Moncure wrote:
> no.
>
> I'm sorry but you are far to stupid to be taken off the list.
> Since you are completely clueless, it is your fate to be
> permanently subscribed to the list. It has been a long time
> since Ihave run into someone so totally deserving of a
> complete thrashing.
>
> merlin
> [apologies to dp, couldn't resist]

No problem at all - I was trying to think up a suitable response, but I
have to be a little more PC with this address.

Clearly we have a problem if Daniel cannot unsubscribe. We currently
have instructions on how to unsubscribe from this list at:

http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-hackers/index.php
http://www.pgadmin.org/development/list.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/
http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

as well as in the headers of every message, plus iirc, the welcome
message you get when subscribing has links to the Majordomo user admin
website which can also be used to unsubscribe.

Obviously this is not enough, so I suggest we consider the following:

- Add instructions to the bottom of every webpage on pgadmin.org and
postgresql.org
- Add a guru hint to pgAdmin that pops up every time you click on the
treeview or type into the query tool. We should disable the 'Don't show
me this again' button on that.
- Have a script mail uninstall instructions to every postgresql.org
mailing list on an hourly basis.

Have I missed anything? :-)

OK, so obviously I'm being facetious, but seriously folks, if anyone
cannot figure out how to unsubscribe or change their list settings, just
send a nice polite email to the list, or the list owner, or me and I'll
do what I can to help. There's no need for bouts of verbal diarrhoea
like we've just seen.

FYI; Daniel, I've unsubscribed you.

Regards, Dave.