Re: 1.8.1 timetable

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 1.8.1 timetable
Date: 2007-12-12 16:58:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 02:45:18PM -0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> I'm currently aiming on a 1.8.1 release of pgAdmin in the first week of January so we can get it into the PG8.3 Windows installer.
>>
>> Does that work for everyone?
>
> Do we have a schedule that says when we'll have 8.3 out? Perhaps it's
> better to wait with a committment until the backend project has a
> timeframe?

We're aiming for mid to late January, so we need to ensure it's ready at
least a week before the actual release, plus I have other things on my
own timetable that I need to slot in with. It's always a bit hit and
miss at the best of times.

I also have reason to expect the current flow of bug fixes to more or
less stop in a few days - we've been lucky enough to have some of the
EDB quality testing group working on pgAdmin for a couple of weeks but
their focus will change soon as the EDB processes start gearing up for
release of the next version of Advanced Server.

If the gap between pgAdmin and PG releases turns out to be larger than
expected and we find more issues, we can always roll 1.8.2 - pgAdmin
releases are a little easier to manage than PG ones!!

/D