sequence owned by backwards compatability

From: Wouter Pels <wouter(at)spmapplications(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: sequence owned by backwards compatability
Date: 2007-12-12 04:20:42
Lists: pgsql-admin
We were running into problems today when we tried to import a 8.2.4 dump
in a 8.1.5 database. It had to do with the new way of assigning
sequences to colums, which confused 8.1.5 I didn't expect that at the
time of configuration, and currently is down-grading to 8.1.x not an
easy option anymore.

Is there any trick to work arround this issue ? some kind of switch for
backwards compatability ?

have thought of parsing the dump through a convert script to translate
the SET OWNED to an ALTER COLUMN,
but if there may be an easier way to achieve the same result.

thanks in advance,

regards
wouter

pgsql-admin by date