Re: database tuning

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: kelvan <kicmcewen(at)windowslive(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database tuning
Date: 2007-12-12 00:17:51
Lists: pgsql-performance
Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 12:27:39PM +1200, kelvan wrote:
>> I have also learnt and also Richard pointed out just not in so many
>> words the difference in support from a open source community compared
>> to a non open source company is that the people who give support in
>> open source are opinionated rather than concise meaning they will give
>> you their opinion rather than answering the question
>
> No, the difference is that the paid support *has to* give *an* answer.

Good lord what a bizarre paragraph. Michael is right, paid support *has
to* give *an* answer and I guarantee you that the answer will be
opinionated.

There are very little right and wrong in the world of software. It is
mostly one pedantic opinion versus another pedantic opinion.

I get paid everyday to offer my opinion :)

Joshua D. Drake