MySQL Con 2008

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MySQL Con 2008
Date: 2007-12-11 21:17:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

I have submitted a talk to MySQL Con 2008:

What MySQL Can Learn from PostgreSQL

This talk, was accepted. I would like to solicit professional (non
flaming) information on where people think MySQL can learn from PostgreSQL.

Here is the description:

Designed to deliver pointed information on the flaws in the MySQL and
PostgreSQL communities, what they can learn from each other and how they
both can improve the Open Source database landscape.

Here is the abstract:

A presentation delivering detailed examples of where MySQL has gone
wrong in its development of its most powerful resource, the community.
Practical examples will be provided including what PostgreSQL is doing
today in grass roots efforts to build, solidify and grow not only its
community but its contributor base as well.

Counter points will be provided to show where PostgreSQL has learned
from MySQL and is taking what it has learned further, through its world
wide network of supporters.

Specific topics will include:

     * User group initiation
     * Advocacy efforts
     * The feature game
     * The right way
     * Building a community through coopetition (competition + co operation)
     * How commercial friction invigorates the community
     * Induction of newbies

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2007-12-11 21:53:05