From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2007-12-09 19:40:37
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-patches

Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> You seem to have misunderstood what I am suggesting. Of course we should
>> document use of in addition to the hacky fix to the .bat
>> files. The hack is the part that would be invisible. The docs would be
>> visible and contain what would be our ongoing practice.
> Correct, I was misunderstanding it :-)
> I still can't say I like that hack though. I'd rather document that you
> have to do it in the .bat file for docs + gui build.
> But it's better than what I thought you were proposing :-)

Well, I honestly think we can live with it for one cycle. As soon as 8.4
opens I'll get to work converting these .bat files to pure one line

Meanwhile, here's the proposed patch. If you want something else you'll
have to do it.

I don't know how many people regularly build on Windows other than you,
me and Dave.