Re: pg_restore and permissions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Florian Weimer <Weimer(at)CERT(dot)Uni-Stuttgart(dot)DE>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore and permissions
Date: 2002-04-25 18:58:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Florian Weimer <Weimer(at)CERT(dot)Uni-Stuttgart(dot)DE> writes:
>> SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION should have been used instead, but I doubt
>> Florian has any convenient way to re-do the dump file with that option.

> Fortunately, I can re-do the dump (I'm eager to become a professional
> with a production and a testing machine ;-).

Oh, in that case you can use
pg_dump -X use-set-session-authorization

> But SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION does not seem to be available in 7.2.1,
> yet 7.1.3.

I do not think 7.1's pg_dump had this option, but you can run 7.2's
pg_dump against the 7.1 server (in fact that is probably preferable
anyhow).

I would like to see use-set-session-authorization become the default
before 7.3 release, but haven't got around to doing anything about it.