Re: Fair large change to contributors

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fair large change to contributors
Date: 2007-12-04 16:21:20
Lists: pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In summary for this patch. The patch does not change the display of the
>> contributors except to move it to /community (where it belongs imo).
>> What controls the display of the contributors is the database.
>>
>> If we want to keep core at top, just don't change type 1 to type 3 where
>> type = 1. Core will remain in place at the top. (I already posted about
>> this but I think people glossed over it since it was late).
>
> It's not that we glossed over anything, but that the entire proposal was
> being considered rather than just the specifics of what the patch did
> vs. the DML.

Except the "patch" doesn't remove core ;)... Anyway, I am not trying to
argue semantics. My point is if the patch is applied as is without
modification to the DML, the page is going to look just like the
existing developers page, just under community.

Depending on "what" DML is applied will effect the display of that page
dramatically.

It seems at lease core consensus :P is to not remove their position at
the top of the page, which I don't really care about so.... don't apply
that update.

I would still like to apply:

update developers_types set typename = 'Active contributors' where type
= '3';
update developers_types set typename = 'Occasional contributors' where
type = '4';

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake