Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors
Date: 2007-11-28 16:53:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:27:42 +0000
> Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Why not Hackers? Noone is a 'member' of anything except core or mayber
>> the web/infrastructure team.
>
> Define Hacker. And I could argue that some are members of PGDG.

Says he who only the other day muttered something about how PGDG wasn't
a defined entity :-)

> What
> about those who provide just as much time and energy in advocacy as
> others do on -heackers? What about people that are working on external
> projects only such as Slony or PLproxy?

The latter are still hackers using the definition we're likely to agree
on (ie. not a cracker). Both groups are 'Contributors' though. Maybe
just use 'Regular contributors' and 'Occasional contributors'. Or major
and minor. Or something entirely different.

/D