Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Time to update list of contributors
Date: 2007-11-28 16:27:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Not to mention there don't seem to be any defined rules. I asked Berkus
> and his reply was, "It has always been a little fuzzy". I asked Devrim
> and he gave me 5 bullet points that don't quite make sense.

Not sure what Devrim is referring to, but most often in the past Rob (or
someone else) has proposed changes to -core which we've said yay or nay to.

> Further I think this list is in the wrong place. It is
> under /developers which to mean is most intuitive to information "for"
> developers not a listing of them.

Maybe. Where else would it go?

> I think the listing should probably go under about/contributors and
> under contributors would be:
>
> Core <-- this is obvious
> Committers <-- this is obvious the only question is it only
> committers to the source tree or do we want to give equal billing to
> the -www guys (I think yes to equal billing)

Actually we've previously agreed (in -core) that we do not want to list
committers for various reasons. Yeah, I know the list isn't too hard to
figure out, but we don't want to advertise it.

> Members (really I think this should be contributors but then it is
> duplicative)

Why not Hackers? Noone is a 'member' of anything except core or mayber
the web/infrastructure team.

/D