Something I don't understand on chkpass.sgml

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Something I don't understand on chkpass.sgml
Date: 2007-11-28 10:07:04
Lists: pgsql-docs

I'm currently translating chkpass.sgml and I'm having problems with this
sentence :
This is currently a stub that does nothing.

According to answers.com, a stub is a "A small software routine placed
into a program that provides a common function." So the sentence itself
is understandable but I don't understand what "the stub" refers to in
this paragraph : the error code routine ? the comparison one ? the cast
one ?

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards.

--