Re: TB-sized databases

From: Pablo Alcaraz <pabloa(at)laotraesquina(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TB-sized databases
Date: 2007-11-26 18:44:23
Lists: pgsql-performance
I had a client that tried to use Ms Sql Server to run a 500Gb+ database.
The database simply colapsed. They switched to Teradata and it is
running good. This database has now 1.5Tb+.

Currently I have clients using postgresql huge databases and they are
happy. In one client's database the biggest table has 237Gb+ (only 1
table!) and postgresql run the database without problem using
partitioning, triggers and rules (using postgresql 8.2.5).

Pablo