Re: Need help with Visual Basic 6 and PostgreSQL

From: "Thomas H(dot)" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
To: Finn Lassen <dcio(at)AxiomInt(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help with Visual Basic 6 and PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-11-24 00:08:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> In other words, does registering an ODBC driver automatically make it
> subject to any configurations made with ODBC Data Source Administrator?

as i understand it: partly. i.e. the connection pooling configuration
options you specify in the ODBC Data Source Administrator is a global
setting.

> I still don't understand the:
> "ERROR: Column "oid" does not exist;"
> I get when executing the " rsOut.Open ..." statement below.
> Can the ODBC driver only handle tables with oid columns?

no. i have no problems accessing a DB with and without oids using this
connection string:

Driver={PostgreSQL
UNICODE};Server=yourserver;Port=5432;Database=yourdb;UID=youruser;pwd=yourpassword;TrueIsMinus1=1;BoolsAsChar=0;TextAsLongVarchar=1;UseDeclareFetch=0

>             rsOut.Open """Contact1""", dbOut, adOpenDynamic,
> adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

try this:

rsOut.Open "SELECT * FROM ""Contact1""", dbOut, adOpenDynamic,
adLockOptimistic

the problem might be the adCmdTable recordset type.

regards,
thomas