Questions on Release Notes

From: Cornelia Boenigk <c(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
To: Liste: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Questions on Release Notes
Date: 2007-11-20 16:06:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi all

 > can depend on the same high performance demonstrated
 > in recent benchmarks for every transaction,

Are there links to those benchmarks mentioned above?

 > Heap Organized Tuples (HOT),

http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/WhatsNew83

says:
HOT stands for Heap Only Tuple

Which one is the correct term?

 > "We're very exited about HOT, shared buffer scan
 > improvements and integrated tsearch indexing.

exited -> excited??

 > About PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL is the collective work of
 > hundreds of developers, building on twenty-one years of
 > development which began ...

Shouldn't it be twenty-two? In the 8.2 press kit it was twenty-one.

Regards
Conni

pgsql-advocacy by date

Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Conference 08 East!
Previous:From: Walter VaughanDate: 2007-11-20 15:49:25
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL Conference 08 East!