Re: Database version control

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: Alex du Plessis <alexdup01(at)telkomsa(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database version control
Date: 2007-11-20 07:02:07
Lists: pgsql-novice
Alex du Plessis wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Is there any way to do version control on a database from one
> application version to another?
>
> IE how do I do an upgrade (or even know that I have to do an upgrade) of
> the database when I have a new application release.

Provided you have a copy of the db structure that you released initially
you will want to start with a current dump (no data)

You can diff these two files to find any differences.

You may also want to have a look at pgdiff and apgdiff - both are
located at sourceforge.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz