Re: Assorted problems in pgAdmin 1.8.0 - wxMAC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jörg Beyer <Beyerj(at)students(dot)uni-marburg(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Stefan Csomor <csomor(at)advancedconcepts(dot)ch>
Subject: Re: Assorted problems in pgAdmin 1.8.0 - wxMAC
Date: 2007-11-12 10:12:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Jörg Beyer wrote:
> Hello.
>
> During the past few days I noticed the following problems:
>
> (1) pgAdmin main window, SQL Pane
> SQL-syntax for Views shows doubled double quoted commented titles,
> e.g.
>
> for view "Books_View" (mixed upper and lower case is intentional).
> The same is _not_ the case for tables or some other object types I checked.
> This may in fact not be a problem of pgAdmin, and it is just a cosmetic
> glitch.

Thanks, fixed in SVN.

> (2) Query tool, SQL entry field
> Entering a '^' (e.g. as a RegEx anchor) gives '^^'.
> (On the German keyboard layout, '^' is mapped to the key exactly below the
> escape key, if that is of any help).

I can't reproduce that on my MBP, but that has a UK layout where ^ is
Shift-6.

That said, when running in XP/Bootcamp, I have seen exactly the same
problem from the key directly below escape (which - assuming it makes it
through the mail server - is §). I ran into it when I wrote a keyboard
map because I wasn't happy with the bootcamp one, so I suspect this is
Mac-wierdness that needs to be fixed in wxWidgets. I've CC'd Stefan in
the hopes that he'll be able to comment.

> (3) Query tool, SQL entry field
> The SQL field doesn't take input from the keyboard's number block. This may
> be by design, but I'm so used to using the number block in certain
> situations... (first generation Apple Pro keyboard here, the crystal
> polycarbonate one with the black keys).

Yes, this one is a known issue - from the bugs list:

[STC] The numeric keypad doesn't work with the styled text control under
wxMac.
wxWidgets bug ref: 1776244

Thanks, Dave.