Re: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tommy Flewwelling <tommyflewwelling(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure.
Date: 2007-11-12 08:54:24
Lists: pgadmin-support
As I said before, please keep your replies on the mailing list. I don't
provide private support (unless you wish to purchase a support contract) .

Tommy Flewwelling wrote:
> David,

I assume you mean Dave?

> I don’t mean to pester you but possibly you could tell me how pgAgent is
> authenticated to run as a *windows* user as well?
>
> I have administrator rights, if that’s what you’re referring to.

All services run as either LocalSystem or some other user account under
which the service control manager starts them. If you open the Services
applet from Control Panel\Administrative Tools, and look at the
properties for the pgAgent service you will see it has a username and
password to run under. That is the one that is wrong and must be corrected.

Regards, Dave.