Re: Reduce pinning in btree indexes

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com" <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reduce pinning in btree indexes
Date: 2015-03-12 20:56:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com> wrote:

> Because these changes are just to a comment and a README file,
> I'm posting a patch-on-patch v3a (to be applied on top of v3).

Here is some additional comment work that I hope will make things
easier to understand for whoever next visits this code. There is
also a minor reorganization of some code that should not have any
impact except to skip the restore memcpy() calls where they are not
needed in a corner case that I'm not sure we can currently even
reach. That reorganization is intended more for code clarity than
for the marginal performance it could provide.

I'm posting this as v3b to be applied on top of v3 and v3a, so that
these changes can be reviewed and commented on separately.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
bt-nopin-v3b.patch invalid/octet-stream 2.9 KB