Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture

From: "José Luis Rivero (yoswink)" <yoswink(at)gentoo(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Frank Lichtenheld <djpig(at)debian(dot)org>, debian-alpha(at)lists(dot)debian(dot)org, stevenk(at)debian(dot)org, alpha(at)gentoo(dot)org
Subject: Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture
Date: 2007-11-06 16:33:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi *:

Martin Pitt escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Tom Lane [2007-11-03 14:27 -0400]:
>> Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de> writes:
>>> The testsuite of 8.3 beta 2 fails on the Alpha architecture (versions
>>> up to 8.2 worked fine).
>> We redid some of the float error handling for 8.3, in hopes of getting
>> closer to the IEEE standard behavior for NaNs and infinities and so on.
>> I guess that isn't working on your Alpha.  I have a vague recollection
>> that Alphas use non-IEEE floats so maybe this is not too surprising.
>>
>> Can you grant one of us access to the machine to work on it?
>
> I don't own any alpha machine, but maybe Frank, Steven, or anyone from
> the Debian alpha porter list can create a temporary account for you?
>
>> Or poke into it yourself?
>
> There is no developer accessible alpha porter box for Debian
> unfortunately. :(

Since Debian is having some problems with its alpha development machine,
the Gentoo/Alpha port is happy to offer some help with this problem.

We can provide with shell account access (or even a chroot) in our
development machine (AlphaServer ES40) for debugging this PostgreSQL
bug. If it only happens on Debian, I could create a debian chroot for
testing.

Gentoo/Alpha Team can be reached by mail: alpha(at)gentoo(dot)org or by IRC in
Freenode #gentoo-alpha.

Thanks and feel free to ask if you need something more.

--
Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink(at)gentoo(dot)org>
Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha