not sorted clustered index (8.2)

From: Adriaan van Kekem <avkekem(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: not sorted clustered index (8.2)
Date: 2007-11-05 09:39:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs
hi,

As part of the definition of a clustered index, the default sort of a
table is based on the clustered index. In our application sometimes we
see that the sort is invalid. Our table is like:
iid identity (clustered primary key)
data varchar
if we do a query like:
select * from table where iid in (1,2,3)

we suspect that we get the result based on the iid, but sometimes this
is not happening. Is this a known issue?
our configuration is postgresql 8.2 on ubuntu

greetings,

Adriaan

pgsql-bugs by date