Re: error auto-completing "GRANT SELECT ON"

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Alejandro Gasca <galejadror(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: error auto-completing "GRANT SELECT ON"
Date: 2007-10-30 15:26:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Alejandro Gasca wrote:
> Hi, if i open a sql pane, and put:
> GRANT SELECT ON
> and press [ctrl]+[space] this error rise:
>
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "DATABASE"
> LINE 6: UNION SELECT "DATABASE" UNION SELECT "FUNCTION" UNION S...

Magnus - can you take a look at this please. I'm not overly familiar
with your code and would rather not break it...

It seems that _complete_from_query() (in tabcomplete.c) is calling
PQescapeString() on the addon param which is doubling the existing
quotes around the unioned bits of the query (ie. SELECT 'DATABASE'). As
far as I can see all this does is break cases like the one Alejandro has
reported. Have I missed any other cases?

/D