Now moderating out the "Postgres vs. PostgreSQL" messages

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Now moderating out the "Postgres vs. PostgreSQL" messages
Date: 2007-10-26 23:35:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
All,

Based on the complaints of numerous community members, I (and the other
two moderators) am now moderating this list.  I will be filtering out
all messages which have anything to do with the name change.

We will create a separate list for discussion of project nomenclature,
so that the folks who want to debate that can, without causing other
members of the community to get frustrated and unsubscibe from the list
(which is currently happening).

It really frustrates me to have to do this (I hate moderating, and I'm
about to have to do it from the road), but we can't afford for this list
to be disfunctional when we're trying to get out a release.

--Josh Berkus

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2007-10-26 23:53:57