Data Systems Admin for Homeless Service Agency (Seattle, WA)

From: Ken Tanzer <ktanzer(at)desc(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data Systems Admin for Homeless Service Agency (Seattle, WA)
Date: 2007-10-26 17:31:28
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi.  Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC) has an opening for its
Data Systems Administrator position.  We are one of the largest
providers of homeless services in the Pacific Northwest, and
particularly focus on serving chronically homeless adults who are
mentally ill or chemically addicted, or otherwise disabled or
vulnerable.  We serve over 5,000 people a year, have approximately 300
full-time staff, including 7 in the Information Services department.

DESC makes heavy use of free/open source software, and our main data
systems all use Postgres.  We have developed a (PHP) web app called
CHASERS that is used for agency management, and plan on releasing it as
open source software.  There is some information (possibly a little out
of date) at http://chasers.desc.org/.

I think DESC is an interesting place to work in IT, particularly if
you're interested in postgres and open source stuff.  A link to our jobs
page, which has the full announcement is below.

Thanks!

Ken Tanzer

Full job announcement and submission info:

http://www.desc.org/jobs.html

More information about DESC:

http://www.desc.org/

More information about CHASERS:

http://chasers.desc.org/

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: SanRamonDate: 2007-11-02 17:03:10