multiple connections to db over jsp

From: Frank Habermann <lordlamer(at)lordlamer(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: multiple connections to db over jsp
Date: 2007-10-25 21:51:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello folks,

First i must say that i am relativ new with java, tomcat and servlet and
jsp.

I know how to create a simple connection to postgresql with jdbc. I want
to create some simple pages with jsp's that uses postgresql as database.
My problem is how to implement this connection as best in jsp's.
So i want to create 10 (for example) connections to postgresql if the
application is loaded in tomcat so that if a user call a jsp over the
browser the jsp don not create a connection itself. Is this possible? I
think this is possible in a servlet. But is it possible in a jsp?
Can somebody give me some hints or some documentation for this?!

Thanks a lot
Frank Habermann