template1 changes in pre-existing databases

From: Mija Lee <mija(at)scharp(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: template1 changes in pre-existing databases
Date: 2007-10-25 15:29:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello

I was looking for a way to have new changes made to template1 affect
currently existing databases. We have a new function that I want
available to all databases on our cluster, but don't want to have to
drop and recreate them. I'd also like to maintain the code in one place
only.

Is this possible? Is there a better way to do this?

Mija