Re: Problems with 8.3.12 docs?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Steevie <steevie(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with 8.3.12 docs?
Date: 2011-01-18 06:00:25
Lists: pgsql-docs

Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> This is probably as good a place as any to complain. Maybe someone who
> is able to build the PDFs can check whether the 8.3 PDF links are
> mangled when they build themselves -- I'm wondering whether perhaps a
> PDF compression step done by the website is causing this?

FWIW, I can build the PDF docs for all these versions using the stock
documentation tools on Fedora 13. Using fresh-built PDFs from the
relevant branch tips using that toolchain:

I confirm the observation that the "See Also" links on the SQL command
reference pages work in 9.0, but not in 8.4 or 8.3.

The sidebar links to chapter/section headings work for me in all three
versions. In all versions, though, these links seem to point to the
start of the chapter or section text rather than to the section title.
The title is just out of view above the visible area after you use the
link. This is a tad disconcerting.

I'm using Preview on OS X to look at the PDFs.