Re: Training events policy ... first test case

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Date: 2007-10-24 18:30:23
Lists: pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:51:28 -0700
> Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Hmm I like that. I guess it depends on how much room we have on the
> page for such a thing. One thought would be to swap LATEST NEWS for
> UPCOMING TRAINING.
>
> That would give more room to what is likely our most sought after
> information on the front page.

I don't like that part :-)

>> I *don't* buy the argument that "we can trust EDB so they're exempt
>> from the restrictions we level on other providers," since we don't
>> seem to have cut OTG any slack whatsoever despite their contributions.
>
> I believe that we should not trust *any* company that is submitting
> their news through a PR firm. PR firms, lie, on purpose, for profit.
> They make money on manipulation, not truth or substance.

Why does it matter how they're submitting it? Plus, we're talking
events, not news here.

But if we have a policy, *everybody* should be treated the same way
against it. Including edb, and including cmd if that would become an
issue. The only exception that would be reasonable is if there was a
completely community-driven not-for-profit training event, IMHO.

//Magnus