From: Martin Strejc <martin(dot)strejc(at)super-web(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_toast
Date: 2007-10-23 14:07:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

    I've a special kind of problem with PostgreSQL 8.2.5 and I haven't
found anything about that on your web or searchig by Google.

    The database slows down when more over many (cca 100 connections)
are incoming. The problem begun the same time as the VACUUM foroze on
pg_toast.pg_toast without any reason or message in log. Actually it got
after that troubles with reindex and VACUUM ANALYZE.
    Of course the shmmax, shared mem, max connections and some other
parameter in postgresql.conf are set to get the best preformance of the

    Should you give me an advice what to do and how to help the database
engine to work correctly?

    Is it possible to delete any of pg_toast or pg_temp tables? How to
do that if possible?

Thank you for your help.

Martin Strejc
server admin

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Tino SchwarzeDate: 2007-10-23 14:16:42