Cycling redundancy check error in dump file

From: Anibal David Acosta <aa(at)personal(dot)net(dot)py>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cycling redundancy check error in dump file
Date: 2007-10-18 15:29:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

<head>
</head>
backup of my entire database using pg_dump.<br>
The backup was OK, but for some reason when I make the copy in my
storage device the back was copy wrong or something else.<br>
Whe I try to copy the file from my storage a "Cycling reduncandy check
error appear", Finally I made the copy to my hard disk but with some
damaged sectors.<br>
I don't have the original database :(( only the dump file.<br>
When I try to restore, everything works fine, all tables are created,
and populated, all except two tables (big tables, in respect the others
(not really big)).<br>
When the pg_restore tried to copy data from the dump to my table "A" an
"out of memory" exception occurr, (maybe is the damaged section).<br>
So, I would like to "skip" those sectors (maybe deleting damaged rows)
an insert all others.<br>
Please help me.. I don't found too much documentation about it.<br>
Thanks<br>
Anibal<br>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.1 KB