Re: Grid editor crash during row insert

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Alexander Kirpa <pgdoc81(at)bilteks(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Grid editor crash during row insert
Date: 2007-10-18 11:04:49
Lists: pgadmin-support
[Please keep replies on-list]

Alexander Kirpa wrote:
>> Is this reproducable? Can you provide a test case?
> No, but this is 100% is not hardware problem.

I'm not saying it is, but unfortunately these things are virtually
impossible to fix if they cannot be reproduced. With thousands of lines
of code in the query tool alone, tracking down an extremely rare and
un-reproducable crash is nigh-on impossible.

> I believe that this
> problem similar to grid editor problem - in other word cumulative
> effect after long-long edition w/o closing editor window.

I doubt it. That was a problem in the data cache for new rows. There
isn't anything like that in the query tool.

> In addition some suggestion about 'Types', especially 'System type'.
> Possible exist reason for 'System type' need have separate place in
> tree.
> In my case more 100 'System type' etc. plus
> only approx. 10 real 'Types' that too hide within 'System Types'

System types live under the Catalogs node. What you are probably seeing
is types created by contrib modules in the public schema.

Regards, Dave.

pgadmin-support by date