Re: IPv6 Support in 8.0.3

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Kevin Kuhner <kkuhner(at)us(dot)ibm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IPv6 Support in 8.0.3
Date: 2007-10-15 16:27:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Kevin Kuhner wrote:

> Hello -
>
> Hope this is an appropriate mailing list for this question. Has anyone
> gotten IPv6 support to work in version 8.0.3 for Windows?
>
> I've tried the 8.2.4 binaries and they do work, so I know that the
> problem has been addressed somewhere along the line, but I'm not in a
> position to undergo such a migration at this time.
>
> In doing some searches, I found hits for changes to getaddrinfo[.h/.c]
> and include/port/win32/sys/socket.h. Does anyone know if there are
> other required changes? Or can someone point me in the right direction
> on how to find a complete set of changes to fix this?

well ipv6 is only officially supported in 8.1 and later on windows and
you might better look into upgrading instead of trying to backport the
fixes to 8.0.3 which has a number of serious issues (both in general and
especially on win32) and will very soon be unsupported on that platform:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2007-09/msg00010.php

Stefan