Re: RC2 needed?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC2 needed?
Date: 2007-10-15 15:01:41
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas a écrit :
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

>>> I have 7.4-cvs and 8.1-cvs... I'll try on those.
>> Thanks. Just tried 7.3 here but it won't build on my Mac :-(
>
> I can try 7.3, but you'll have to tell me what to test.

First, you'll need to install some stuff :
 * create a postgres database ;
 * change the pgagent.sql file (there's a dollar quote function that
   disallow it to be used where pre-8.0 release) ;
 * launch pgagent like this :
   pgagent hostaddr=IP_ADDR dbname=postgres

Then
 * launch pgAdmin
 * create a job (http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/pgagent-jobs.html)

To be honest, I don't find the pgagent interface when I use my 7.4 and
8.1 cluster. This will take more time than I first thought.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org