Bug report pgadmin 1.8.0 Beta 5 (Sep 10 2007, rev 6631)

From: "Rolf A(dot) de By" <deby(at)itc(dot)nl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug report pgadmin 1.8.0 Beta 5 (Sep 10 2007, rev 6631)
Date: 2007-10-12 14:24:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

Greetings, pgadmin team,

I am running on a PG server 8.2, Windows XP, trying the following and
getting a run time error plus crash of pgadmin

1. open my database, navigate to Tables
2. right click, to New Table option
3. Fill out table name, owner, inherit from one already existing table,
and add a comment
4. Navigate to New Columns, and add one of those.
5. Navigate to Constraints, wanting to set a primary key. Providing a
name, and adding two attributes for PK.
These happen to be both inherited.

When I hit the OK button, pgadmin goes boom, "PostgreSQL Tools has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry" et cetera

When I forget about interactively adding the primary key definition, all
goes well. However, if I open the table properties window after the
table has been created, and try add the PK at second instance, I get
another crash.

I do NOT get a crash if instead I go Constraints=>New Object=>Primary Key.

Hope this clear and helpful, if not, drop me a line please.

regards,

Rolf de By

--

dr ir Rolf A. de By

assoc prof Geodata Management and Engineering
dept Geoinformation Processing
SDI Technology research group
ITC -- International Institute for
Geo-information Science & Earth Observation
Hengelosestraat 99
7500 AA Enschede, The Netherlands
ph +31 53 4874553 fx +31 53 4874335
email deby(at)itc(dot)nl