Re: Update ResultSet

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Christian Rengstl" <Christian(dot)Rengstl(at)klinik(dot)uni-regensburg(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update ResultSet
Date: 2007-10-10 12:53:59
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Only simple result sets coming from a single table, with no joins, are
updateable. Granted, the error message is misleading. The driver has to
parse the query, to extract the name of the table to update or throw an
error if there's more than one table involved. In this case, it doesn't
understand the INNER JOIN, and therefore you get the misleading error
message instead of this: "ResultSet is not updateable. The query that
generated this result set must select only one table, and must select
all primary keys from that table. See the JDBC 2.1 API Specification,
section 5.6 for more details."

--
Heikki Linnakangas