Re: statement caching link on jdbc page

From: Till Toenges <tt(at)kyon(dot)de>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: statement caching link on jdbc page
Date: 2007-10-05 03:43:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:
>> The download section is not particulary easy to understand at the
>> moment, unless you already know which version you want. I thought
>> about a different structure for it, and have some ideas. Will see that
>> i get a dummy page done this evening, if you are interested.
>
> I'm not opposed to reorganizing, but please keep in mind that the site
> is generated by Apache Forrest, not hand coded html.  So changes should
> ideally work within that framework.

Ok, didn't find the time that evening. But now i made dummy showing my
idea for the download page. It's not a big change, but i think it is a
bit easier to understand.

I added a new section "Download Current Version" below the "About"
section. The idea behind this is that most people will be interested
only in one or two versions. In the dummy only one link to the current
JDBC 3 version is included, the download statistics should show which
other versions are popular enough to be included here.

This is also a convenient place to link to the extras page, with a short
description of what else is available. This way, the extras will be more
prominently displayed, and more people will find them.

Below that comes the section "Other Versions", which mostly consists of
the former text. This is below the current version download, because it
is not particulary interesting if you just want to get one of the
popular current drivers.

The table at the end is the same as before. Could be split up in
"Development Versions", "Archived Versions" and "Source Downloads"
tables if it gets too crowded, but it's ok for now.

That's it. Nothing big, but maybe easier for the "average first time
downloaders" and those who just want to update their driver to the
current version.

Is that ok for you? Any ideas? Lots of spleing errors? Forrest document
follows if you like it and there are no more changes.

Till