Re: Connection pooling

From: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection pooling
Date: 2007-10-04 16:38:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Håkan Jacobsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to convert a large EJB 3.0 - project into a
> standalone JDBC project (J2SE).
> I want (of course) to optimize performance best I can,
> especially in regard to database connections.
> JDBC Connection pooling seems to be an interesting feature.
> Can someone point me to a good article, tutorial on connection
> pooling?

In what environment will you be running your standalone JDBC project?
If you are just running it from the command line using "java ...", then
connection pooling isn't going to be of much assistance. Regardless, I
did a Google search of "postgresql connection pool" and got lots of
hits. pgpool is the first one, and is a connection pool specifically
for PostgreSQL.

--
Guy Rouillier