Re: A bunch of minor issues

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: A bunch of minor issues
Date: 2007-10-01 08:56:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> Ok. Here's two patches to enable that:
>>>
>>> wx-linenumbers-in-wxrc-1.patch (against wxWidgets SVN trunk) modifies
>>> wxrc to output additional empty lines, so that the line numbers of the
>>> strings in the gettext output match corresponding lines in the source
>>> file. A bit hacky, but it works. I had to modify wxXml code to keep the
>>> line numbers in the wxXmlNode-objects it constructs from the XML document.
>> As discussed, I haven't installed this on developer.pgadmin.org because
>> it touches the wxXml classes as well as wxrc.
>
> Ok. I submitted the wx patch to the wxWidgets patch tracker:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=309863&aid=1803492&group_id=9863
>
> We'll see how that goes...

It was committed to wxWidgets, with some modifications. Nice.

It turns out that the changes to stringextract were in fact not
necessary, since Vaclav Slavik found out a way to include the filename
of the original file in the wxrc output. It won't hurt, though, and
it'll still be helpful when using an older version of wxrc that doesn't
include the patch yet.

--
Heikki Linnakangas