Nice to have: reverse() function in the core

From: wstrzalka <wstrzalka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Nice to have: reverse() function in the core
Date: 2008-06-27 16:59:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any possibility to have reverse() function in the PG core in
the future?

There are some implementation already like ie. this one:
http://blog.frosties.org/post/2007/08/28/Fonction-reverse-C-avec-PostgreSQL

I think author will have nothing against using his code as he
published it on his blog.

Not everyone is able to compile C function himself - while it's the
fastest and I think many users would be glad to see it ready to use.