Re: Troubleshooting Postgres7.4

From: Bobb Shields <dudomann(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting Postgres7.4
Date: 2005-04-21 13:53:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm using two php apps on my website that I'm serving on the same linux box
(FC3). Both titles (phpbb, tikipro) report that they cannot connect to the
database.

I believe the updates were php code updates. I downloaded them via yum when
I noticed my up2date blinking.

ps ax | grep postmaster does not return anything. I don't know what it
should return anyways...

I tried to start postgres by su'ing from root to " - postgres", and running
postmaster. I get an error that says that the lock file already exists, and
asks whether another instance of postmaster is already running.

Service Configuration once again reports that it is stopped, and I can't
connect via pgAdmin3.

How can I check what the last updates were from yum? My command that I ran
was "yum -y update"

Thanks!
~Bobb