Troubleshooting Postgres7.4

From: Bobb Shields <dudomann(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Troubleshooting Postgres7.4
Date: 2005-04-19 18:11:47
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all.

I'm running 7.4, and I recently did a few upgrades, which seem to have
broken it. I believe that all of them were php updates. Anywho, my service
configuration shows that postmaster is stopped. I can't find an instance of
it in my system monitor.

Can you help me to figure out if its still running, and if its not, why it
won't start like it should?

Sorry for the lack of information. Yell at me if you need more. I'm
relatively new to linux, so I'm trying to learn, and the wealth of
information on the net is a bit overwhelming.

Thanks in advance,
~Bobb