Re: Ongoing issues with the downloads page

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ongoing issues with the downloads page
Date: 2007-09-29 13:06:59
Lists: pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Magnus, all:
>
> 1) Sun still does not appear in the list of commercial sources for
> PostgreSQL.   Why did this not get committed?

this looks more like missunderstanding than anything else ...
iirc after the last discussion about that topic correctly devrim quickly
added solaris/opensolaris here :

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/pgweb-commits/2007-August/001734.html

under "commercial software"(ie.:
http://www.postgresql.org/download/commercial) but I guess you were
actually taking about the small listing on the very end of the
"Downloads" main page (http://www.postgresql.org/download/) - right ?

> 2) Someone added "TrafficReports" under a new category "Reporting". This
> is unreasonable favoritism towards a single reporting project. Either we
> need to list at least 6 of the OSS & commercial reporting tools which
> support PostgreSQL, or delete the category alltogther (I support the
> latter).

not so sure about that category either but are there more reporting
tools out there that are worth mentioning ?

Stefan