Re: OpenSSL Applink

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL Applink
Date: 2007-09-28 20:22:33
Lists: pgsql-patches
Dave Page wrote:
>> I did stumble across this text on a mailing list in response to someone
>> with a similar problem in some JNI code. I know little of the OpenSSL
>> API, but perhaps it rings bells with you before I spend my evening
>> trying to figure it out?
>
> OK, I think I've figured out a fix. Working up a patch now...

Patch attached.

It appears to work fine except that if the client certificate is
missing, instead of:

could not open certificate file "C:\Documents and
Settings\Dave\Application Data/postgresql/postgresql.crt": No such file
or directory

I get:

Error connecting to the server: SSL SYSCALL error: Operation would block
(0x00002733/10035)

for reasons that are not clear to me. Any ideas?

Regards, Dave