Re: SSL problem in pgAdmin3 1.8.0 beta 5

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Alejandro Gasca <galejadror(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: SSL problem in pgAdmin3 1.8.0 beta 5
Date: 2007-09-28 10:51:23
Lists: pgadmin-support
Alejandro Gasca wrote:
> No. same problem..
> I unzip the libpq.dll (8.3.0.7268) and replace the other.
>
> OpenSSL: FATAL.
> OPENSSL_Uplink(00DF4010,05): no OPENSSL_Applink.

Hmm, OK on further investigation it looks like the applink code must be
in the exe, not the dll. This is *really* annoying because it means that
anyone writing a libpq based application now also needs the OpenSSL
headers of the exact version used in libpq :-(. For me thats not an
issue of course, but I doubt many others build Postgres and their app
themselves.

Anyway, I've committed a fix for pgAdmin which seems to work using the
certificates you sent me. I'll send you a .exe to test if you like?

One other annoying side effect is that a debug build of pgAdmin *must*
now use a debug build of libpq, otherwise it'll outright crash when
connecting to an SSL server with a client certificate :-(

Regards Dave