Feature request in pgadmin (tested on Beta 5)

From: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Feature request in pgadmin (tested on Beta 5)
Date: 2007-09-28 08:56:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

Could I just mention a couple of requests:-

1. The first is to do with the treeview. The use case is where my users
just connect to a single database (limited by datname). Here the
treeview shows :-

Servers (1)
-> Server
-> Databases (1)
-> Database
-> Schemas (n)
-> Schema the actually want to look at

I wonder if it would be possible to collapse the treeview in this
case either using options -> display?

In this case the server is acting as a synonym for a database (as far
as the users are concerned) so you could imagine hiding the Servers,
Databases and Database leaving :-

Server
-> Schemas (n)
-> Schema the actually want to look at

2. Allowing connect to server to specify both user and password.

This is another case where I have to create multiple connections to
the same database cluster to allow connection by different users
(standard user, superuser etc.). It also discourages me from using
individual user ids for my users (always bad!).

Many thanks

Kieran