Re: question about pg_dump -a

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Ottavio Campana <ottavio(at)campana(dot)vi(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question about pg_dump -a
Date: 2007-09-28 08:11:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Ottavio Campana wrote:

> Is there a way to export tables in order, so that dependencies are
> always met? reading the manpage of pg_dump I found the -Fc flag, but I
> haven't understood if it is good for me and how it works. Or is there a
> way to relax constraints while loading data?

Try a pg_dump with -Fc and then pg_restore --data-only.

If all else fails, you can control item-by-item what gets restored by
producing a list from pg_restore (--list), commenting out lines and then
using it as a specification with (--use-list). See manuals for full details.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd