Re: A bunch of minor issues

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: A bunch of minor issues
Date: 2007-09-26 13:39:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> I'd be more interested in the patches so I can update my utilities and
> those of developer.pgadmin.org where stringextract tends to be run (I
> imagine Guillaume would like a copy too).

Ok. Here's two patches to enable that:

wx-linenumbers-in-wxrc-1.patch (against wxWidgets SVN trunk) modifies
wxrc to output additional empty lines, so that the line numbers of the
strings in the gettext output match corresponding lines in the source
file. A bit hacky, but it works. I had to modify wxXml code to keep the
line numbers in the wxXmlNode-objects it constructs from the XML document.

pgadmin-stringextract-keep-filenames-1.patch modifies stringextract so
that it runs wxrc and xgettext separately on each xrc file, to get the
correct filename in the pot file. BTW, this patch alone is beneficial;
you get the correct filenames though the line numbers are bogus without
the wxrc patch. I'm not sure how the xargs-magic works on windows...

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin-stringextract-keep-filenames-1.patch text/x-diff 663 bytes
wx-linenumbers-in-wxrc-1.patch text/x-diff 6.0 KB