Re: Batch INSERT failing with error 22P02

From: Eric Faulhaber <ecf(at)goldencode(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Batch INSERT failing with error 22P02
Date: 2007-09-18 16:38:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

>> So, my questions:
>>
>> A) Can anyone think what might have changed between the 8.1-408 and
>> 8.2-506 versions of the JDBC driver which might result in an INVALID
>> TEXT REPRESENTATION (22P02) error?
> I seem to recall the backend becoming more restrictive on valid UTF
> sequences.

The particular parameter on which the error is being reported is an
empty string, going into a column of type text.  BTW, the database is
encoded as LATIN1.

> However that doesn't make sense if an 8.1 driver does work.

Agreed.

> Any chance we can get the server logs ?

I am sending a client log (debug=2) to Kris Jurka.  What level of
debugging would you need to see in the server logs?

Thanks,
Eric Faulhaber